Great news! The city of Davis is starting their annual street maintenance. All types of improvements will happen including; bike path reconstruction, curb ramp replacement, sidewalk and gutter repairs, crack sealing and repaving streets.
The areas that are going to be repaved include:
- Community Park Bike Path from the south side of the bike overcrossing to Community Pool
- East Covell Blvd. from Birch Lane to Alhambra Drive
- L Street from Second Street to Fifth Street
- West Eighth Street from Anderson Road to A Street
- East Eighth Street from J Street to L Street
- Lillard Drive from Farragut Circle to 2761 Lillard Drive
- Lake Blvd. from Arlington Blvd. to West Covell Blvd.
To be more eco-friendly, the city is using a new technology that is re-using materials to create the new pavement. Which reduces our carbon footprint and many more benefits:
- 650 heavy truck loads of asphalt concrete will be kept off the Davis streets
- 250 tons of greenhouse gases and 4,500 lbs. of particulate matter will be reduced
- Approximately 12,400 tires will be diverted from the landfill
- Upon completion, the roads will have a smooth and quiet surface